ULTRASOUND-GUIDED INJECTION CLINIC
I offer a highly specialised ultrasound guided injection service allowing fast and easy access to pain relieving injections for a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions.
Injections are currently available at two central London clinic sites (Islington N1 and Swiss Cottage NW6). All patients receive a thorough assessment and ultrasound scan. All injections are performed under ultrasound guidance to ensure they are safely and accurately delivered to the exact area of your pain.
There are comprehensive range of treatments for all upper limb and lower limb joints and a wide range of commonly occurring conditions including shoulder impingement, frozen shoulder, plantar fasciitis, De Quervain’s tenosynovitis, trigger finger, Knee Osteoarthritis, Tennis elbow and carpal tunnel syndrome.
I am highly experienced musculoskeletal sonographer as well as expert advanced practice physiotherapy and have worked as a clinical lead in a range of NHS and private settings.
ULTRASOUND-GUIDED INJECTION CLINIC
- Same Day Consultation (subject to availability)
- Ultrasound scan and musculoskeletal assessment
- Ultrasound Guided Injection
- Report of assessment, scan findings and details of injection
- All included for total fee: £230 steroid injection, hyaluronic acid (Ostenil Plus) total fee: £260, (Durolane): total fee £350.
- All injections are performed by highly experienced advanced physiotherapist dual trained as physiotherapist and musculoskeletal sonographer
- Qualified independent prescribing qualification to allow screening you for any possible medicines interactions and select the most appropriate medication for your injection
- Full qualifications in diagnostic ultrasound and injection therapy of peripheral musculoskeletal disorders
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF ULTRASOUND GUIDED INJECTION?
There is a significant body of research which demonstrates that ultrasound guided injections give better outcomes such as improved levels of pain relief, longer lasting benefits, and improve the post-injection function of the injected area, compared with injections that are done without ultrasound guidance ( e.g.blind/surface marked injections). There is also growing evidence that guiding the injection reduces the risk of trauma to local tissues or misplacement of the needle and/or the injection substance. This improves the safety of the injection and reduces the risk of adverse events associated with injection therapy. Because the location of the injection is more precisely known it reduces the chances of having unnecessary injections. Many patients find ultrasound guided injections to be more comfortable as often the required depth of the injection can be reduced
HOW DO I BOOK?
To book or discuss an injection, you can call on 07903247247 or email direct to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an appointment for an injection. When booking please ensure we have your full name, date of birth, your address and GP contact details. You will be sent a medical screening and consent form to complete and forward back to us or bring along on the day. It also asks questions about past medical history and any reasons why we may need to seek advice from your GP before proceeding with the injections, i.e., Diabetes or patients taking Warfarin. This also provides us with the information to raise the prescription for your injection. On the day you will be seen, assessed and evaluated with ultrasound scan. The findings of which will be discussed with you before proceeding with ultrasound guided injection.
Ultrasound guided injections using corticosteroid: total fee £230, using hyaluronic acid (Ostenil Plus): total fee £290, (Durolane): total fee £350, advanced procedures (e.g. hydrodistension): total fee £250 . This includes the assessment and the ultrasound scan and written report. If on the day of the appointment the decision is made, based upon these findings, not to proceed with the injection, you will be charged the normal initial assessment fee of £85.
WHICH BODY PARTS ARE YOU ABLE TO INJECT?
Steroid injection can be very effective for an number of musculoskeletal pain conditions. For a more comprehensive see list below. We also provide a range of Ostenil and Durolane (hyaluronic acid) injections which can be very beneficial to patients with degenerative joint pain (such as osteoarthritis) who are keen to keep moving and active.
We offer ultrasound guided injections for all peripheral joints issues including the hip. Common pathologies include:
- Shoulder -biceps tendonitis, acromioclavicular joint issues, shoulder arthritis, adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder), rotator cuff pain, sub-acromial bursitis and shoulder impingement
- Elbow – Lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow), medial epicondylitis (golfer’s elbow), olecranon bursitis, insertional bicep issues, cubital tunnel syndrome
- Wrist and hand – Osteoarthritis of the wrist and digits, trigger finger / thumb, carpal tunnel syndrome, Triangular fibrocartilage complex (TFCC) issues, De Quervain’s tenosynovitis
- Hip – Trochanteric bursitis, osteoarthritis of the hip, Iliopsoas tendinopathy, proximal hamstring issues, femoro-acetabular impingement
- Knee – Osteoarthritis of the knee, Patellofemoral joint pain, Baker’s cyst, Illiotibial band friction syndrome, meniscal cartilage tears, prepatella bursitis, patella tendinopathy, fat pad inflammation, pes anserine bursitis
- Foot and ankle – 1st metatarsal joint problems, ankle sprains, Morton’s neuroma, plantarfasciitis, sinus tarsai syndrome, osteoarthritis of the foot, calf tears, gout, retrocalcaneal bursitis, achilles tendon problems
We do not inject any pathologies of the head or spine.