Physiotherapy is about movement and function.
It is important to take a detailed history and analyse movement dysfunctions to form accurate diagnosis to facilitate optimal treatment and management strategies.
- Back and neck pain
- Sports injuries
- Acute muscular injuries/tears
- Tendon sprains and strains e.g. Achilles tendonitis, shin splints, tennis elbow and ligament sprains
- Chronic overuse injuries – biomechanical problems
- Post surgical rehabilitation e.g. ACL, arthroscopies, Shoulder and ankle repairs
- Post fracture rehabilitation
- Joint manipulation and mobilisation
- Soft tissue mobilisation
- Gym based rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation Pilates and Yoga
- Sports massage
- Ergonomic analysis and advice
- Strength and conditioning advice
I am experienced in the requesting and interpretation of scans and diagnostic tests e.g. X-rays, MRI scans, Ultrasound scans. I have close working relationships with leading Orthopaedic surgeons, Rheumatologists and Consultant Anaesthetists (pain specialists).